Balancing Fun and Surgery


I know I've been MIA for a while. So here's what I've been up to and why I haven't been able to blog for a while! Learning to balance having fun, being a clinical med student, and studying!

So, I've officially finished Neurology and Psychiatry and am now on my SURGERY rotation! I'm currently rotating through orthopaedic surgery and I love it!!! (Though.... the hours are VERY long. I'm usually working 12 hour days). Believe it or not, I even get to suture people closed after surgeries. Did I mention I love third year?!!


FINALLY saw Wicked!
Trying to enjoy what remains of the nice weather + study
Took a day trip to Columbus with my best friend for a nice break :)
The messier your hair, the harder you worked out! 
I caved and studied in Mulford again.
Had a BLAST at two car shows, one an ALL MUSTANG show! Can't wait til I own one :)
We earned our second white coat and had a ceremony to give us time to pause and be proud of the fact that we're officially clinical students and are therefore HALFWAY to being doctors!
The ortho clinic where I spend half of my week
Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what syndrome this is
Practicing suturing in the on-call room on a towel
Throwing in some BJJ time to keep me sane
My ever so fashionable look 50% of the time in the OR!!
Beautiful view from ortho clinic
How a 3rd year on surgery spends their Sunday nights... practicing suturing!
And finally, the on-call room. Where we get to "sleep" while we work from 6pm-6am

Labels: , ,