Embarrassing Moments of the Week


It is 50 degrees outside and sunny here in Toledo which meant I drove home with my sunroof open this afternoon after finishing my skills exam! Loving life on this Friday (: So I thought I’d switch it up a little bit and share some of my embarrassing/funny moments of the week just so that everyone can get to know me a little better. Yes, I'm a serious student, I love to think about philosophy and life, and yes I love BJJ. But I can also be silly, fun, a klutz, and awkward or embarrassing. I love both sides of myself, so I will start to share both!

-          I had to take a make up quiz on Wednesday with a professor. First, I thought her office was in the wrong building. Finally made my way to the correct building on campus, but got ridiculously lost. Had to call her secretary who made me stay put while she came and found me and walked me to where I needed to be. Felt like a lost kid at an amusement park!

-          During a clinical skills exam where we do a full physical on a patient, I was going to listen to her abdomen and when I went to pull my stethoscope off my neck pulled a little harder than I expected and it flung off my neck and straight at the patient. That was not good! Apologized profusely and promised I didn’t mean to do it, not sure she believed me.

-          Tried to take ibuprofen out of my bag during class, opened the bottle and it spilled (quite loudly) all over the table and on the floor. Everyone turned around and looked at me.

-          I learned that yoga pants are apparently God’s gift to men and that I can eat all the oreos I want as long as they go toward making me look good in yoga pants! Hahaha

-          Got slapped in the face during drilling by my favorite drilling buddy totally on accident during a loop choke escape but we just about lost it laughing

-          Got questioned (actually more like interrogated) in the locker room at the academy by a 7 year old about why I was there because she didn’t recognize me with my new gi/new blue belt/new blonde, straight, and shorter hair. It took 5 good minutes to convince her I really was still Meghan and not a weird new girl using Meghan’s locker.

-          One from last week… we were drilling de la riva guard and I was on top and somehow managed all by myself to roll my ankle underneath me and to make sure I didn’t snap it went to fall, mid-fall realized I had no hand to stop me and fell straight onto my head. Seriously, it was a good old-fashioned thud. I think I laughed more than the guys because I know I’m a huge klutz and I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often.

I truly believe in being able to laugh at yourself, with others, and thoroughly enjoy every moment in life no matter how embarrassing or awkward. Happy weekend everyone!!

Labels: , , ,